Treibacher Industrie AG has always stood for innovation, expertise, flexibility and creativity. The history of Treibacher Industrie AG starts with Carl Auer von Welsbach. In 1885, the famous scientist invented the revolutionary GAS MANTLE LIGHT. He is also credited with the invention of numerous other products.
He founded the (then) Treibacher Chemische Werke in 1898 and focused primarily on rare earths, which remain a key part of the operations of Treibacher Industrie AG today.
Carl Auer von Welsbach demonstrated that the element didymium consists of the two elements praseodymium and neodymium back in 1885.
The worldwide success of the flint, which he patented in 1903, continues to this day with global sales.
1898 - Carl Auer von Welsbach founds the company
1903 - Carl Auer von Welsbach founds the company
1916 - Production of ferro alloys
1949 - Production of sodium perborate and rare earth compounds
1959 - Production of special hard-material powders for the hard metal industry
1969 - Production of vanadium oxide
1972 - Production of tungsten metal powders and carbides
1978 - Recycling of metal-containing waste
1985 - Production of vacuum alloys
1989 - Production of storage alloys for batteries
1992 - Production of high-performance ceramics
1995 - First ISO 9001 certificate is awarded
1996 - Herstellung von Materialien für Katalysatoren
1996 - Treibacher Auermet d.o.o. is founded in Ravne, Slovenia
2002 - The rare earth business of Meldform (UK) is acquired
2002 - Supply of API starting material for the pharmaceutical industry
2008 - Production of feed additives
2012 - GMP certificate is awarded
2012 - Foundation of Evonik Treibacher GmbH (Joint Venture)
2013 - Acquisition of Leuchtstoffwerk Breitungen GmbH
2015 - Acquisition of Leuchtstoffwerk Breitungen GmbH
2016 - Acquisition of Tribotecc GmbH
2017 - First EN/AS 9100 certificate is awarded